Au Pair in Germany
Being an au pair in Germany is different from any other experience that you will ever have. It combines your love for children with cultural exchange, traveling, learning and friendship. As an au pair you will enjoy a monthly stipend worth with accommodation (private room) and meals, and you get the opportunity to travel to Germany and the European Union and meet new friends from around the world. By learning a new language, you can improve your career prospects and enjoy the opportunity to study in Germany later.
Depending on how quickly you pick up the language a popular option is also to become an au pair in Austria after your year in Germany. Obtaining a visa to seamlessly move from one country to the other is not a problem. This gives you the opportunity to really work on your German language skills.
With us you will enjoy many advantages during a year abroad:
- Monthly pocket money of 260€
- Monthly grant for language course of 50€
- Travel-, health- und accident insurance package for the duration of your stay
- Your own room
- 1 free day a week and 2 days of paid holiday for each month you are an au pair in Germany.
Further information is provided by the German employment agency: working as an au pair in German families.
Requirements for becoming an au pair in Germany
If you wish to become an au pair in Germany, you will need to fulfil the following requirements:
- non EU countries
- age limit: 18 to 26 years old
- at least German language A1 skills
- no children of your own
- chilcare experience
- stay for between 6 and 12 months
- EU countries
- age limit: 18 to 29 years old
- enough money to cover the flight to and from Germany and the first month in Germany
We will need the following documents from you for a successful placement:
- Au Pair form
- A letter to the prospective host family
- A medical certificate
- Pictures of you and your family, if possible in form of a presentation
- Certificate from a German course (A1 certificate)
- A copy of your driver’s license, if you have one