EASY HOMEMADE GERMAN WAFFLES
In Germany we love to make waffles! These German Waffles are perfect for a weekend breakfast, brunch or even dessert. Made with simple ingredients!
WHAT ARE GERMAN WAFFLES
German waffles what we call in German the “Kaffeeklatsch” (that means the usual gossip while sipping a cup of coffee with a piece of cake). The regular American waffle irons make rectangle waffles but the authentic German waffles are usually made with a heart shaped waffle iron.
(for about 10 waffles)
- 250g Flour
- 125g Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250ml Milk
- 1tbsp Baking powder
- 125g Butter (soft)
- some drops of rum, vanilla – as needed, optional
HOW TO MAKE GERMAN WAFFLES
- Preheat the waffle maker
- Combine alldry ingredients: the flour, sugar and baking powder
- Beat the eggs, then add the butter until the batter is bubbly
- Add sugar, vanilla or rum flavour
- Mixall batter together with milk until combined and smooth
- Scoop the batter into the preheated waffle maker and cook until golden brown
The options are endless but in Germany we enjoy them with apple sauce, Nutella, fresh fruit, ice cream or whipped cream, maple syrup or honey.